Many organizations are seeking to build traffic with audiences who leave their reviews, share content and come back to the site frequently. Increasing your web traffic and leads requires an understanding of SEO and implementation tactics.
Guides for Getting Global Traffic to Websites
- You need to drive traffic one way or another to your site. If you spend 8 hours a day doing that for one country, you can only spend 4 hours doing that for 2 countries. The less time you spend on driving traffic, the less results you’ll see from that country.
- You should purchase hosting that has an IP address located in the country whose market you want to target foremost or the country in which your business is located. But another important thing is to choose a web host that has established its position in the web hosting industry. An example of this kind of web host is IONOS, so read the 1&1 IONOS review to learn more.
- In webmaster tools, add each domain name remembering to set the Geographic Target in Configuration – Settings. Google will attempt to do this for you based on the domain TLD/Extension.
- So as to have only one website to maintain and market, pick a web address/country as the main site/market and redirect all other domains to this via a 301 redirect. You can then market each individual address in the respective countries.
- While focusing on languages instead of countries to avoid duplicate content issues or diluting link authority. Just make sure you will be getting local links.
- While Bing does not offer Geo targeting, it does pay attention to the language meta tag. Make sure about setting properly for all pages on all sites.
- Language is critical to the success of international content. And do not simply translate one language into another and put it up on your ccTLD site. Perform native language keyword research so you target the best words and phrases.
- Customizing content for each country or market makes it more relevant, increases local link building opportunities, and decreases duplicate content.
- Make sure each site uses XML sitemaps and register them with the search engines. If we use sub folders, create a separate sitemap for each country and register it in Google Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console) as a different website.
- We need to engage in local link building, Concentrate on getting valuable backlinks from the targeted countries.