The Indian Passport is issued for the Indian citizens from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, via a system of 37 passport offices throughout the nation and the 180 Indian embassies and consulates located abroad.
The record serves as an important travel record for people who travel abroad for education, tourism, pilgrimage, medical attendance, business purposes, and household visits. The passport frees the holders as citizens of India by birth or naturalization in accordance with the Passports Act, 1967.
In Affairs, the Government of India provides passport services via Central Passport Organization (CPO) and its own network of passport offices, and Passport Seva Kendras(PSKs).
Non-resident Indians (NRIs) can avail passport along with other miscellaneous Services throughout the 185 Indian missions or posts. It Has to Be mentioned That the passports issued to people are machine-readable, as per the guidelines laid down by the Indian Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
Types of Passport issued in India
There Are two chief sorts of passports which are issued to individuals by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. They can be:
- Regular passport: Ordinary passports are issued to normal individuals. All these passports are for general purposes which empowers the holders to visit overseas countries on vacations or business.
- Official/Diplomatic Passport: Official or Diplomatic duties.
Fees Structure for Indian Passport
The price of a passport is dependent upon the kind of passport service applied for and whether it is on a normal basis or Tatkal. According to the revised principles, all passport fees must be paid online.
Normal Passport Program Fee
|Type of passport||36-page booklet||60-page booklet|
|New or fresh passport (10-year validity)||Rs.1,500||Rs.2,000|
|Renewal/reissue of passport (10-year validity)||Rs.1,500||Rs.2,000|
|Additional booklet in present passport (10-year validity)||Rs.1,500||Rs.2,000|
|Lost/stolen/damaged passport replacement||Rs.3,000||Rs.3,500|
|Replacement for shift in private details/change in ECR (10-year validity)||Rs.1,500||Rs.2,000|
|Replacement for a shift in private details/change at ECR for minors||Rs.1,000||Not applicable|
|Fresh/reissue for minors between 15-18 years (validity till candidate reaches 18 years)||Rs.1,000||Not applicable|
|Fresh/reissue for minor between 15-18 years (10-year validity)||Rs.1,500||Rs.2,000|
|Fresh/reissue for minors under 15 years||Rs.1,000||Not appropriate|
The program fee for normal/regular passports are given below:
Tatkaal Passport Application Fee
For Tatkaal passport applications, passport charges for urgent programs will be billed at Rs.2,000 in addition to the typical charges mentioned previously.
|Form of discussion||36-page booklet||60-page booklet|
|Fresh or New passport (10-year validity)||Rs.2,000||Rs.4,000|
|Renewal/reissue of passport (10-year validity)||Rs.2,000||Rs.4,000|
|Additional booklet in existing passport (10-year validity)||Rs.2,000||Rs.4,000|
|Lost/stolen/damaged passport replacement||Rs.5,000||Rs.5,500|
|Replacement for change within private details/change in ECR (10-year validity)||Rs.3,500||Rs.4,000|
|Fresh/reissue for minor (below 18 years of age)||Rs.1,000||Not appropriate|
|Replacement for change in personal details/change at ECR for minors||Rs.1,000||Rs.2,000|
|Fresh/reissue for minors between 15-18 years (validity till candidate reaches 18 years)||Rs.3,000||Not applicable|
|Fresh/reissue for small involving 15-18 years (10-year validity)||Rs.3,500||Rs.4,000|
|Fresh/reissue for minors below 15 years||Rs.3,000||Not applicable|
How to Apply for an Indian Passport
A Person can use online for the Indian passport via the Passport Seva site or even the passport Seva app.
- The applicant who wants to avail a passport should register on the passport Seva online portal site. If he’s already registered, the person needs to login into the portal using the enrolled login ID and password.
- Next, the applicant should click the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’ link.
- After that, the particulars required in the format has to be provided by the applicant and submitted.
- Then, the applicant needs to click the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ link below the ‘View Saved/Submitted Programs’ tab to schedule an appointment.
- When the payment is made and also the appointment is booked, the applicant needs to click the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link and publish the application receipt that contains the Application Reference Number (ARN).
- The next step requires the applicant to visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO) to the date of appointment along with the original documents.
Indian passport offline, most applicants need to get and get a printout of the Application form prior to submitting them at the passport collection centres.
Another alternative is to get the application form, fill it up and apply it at the center along with the applicable documents.
Documents Required for Indian Passport
When Someone applies for a passport, then he/she is required to submit certain records:
- Passport application form
- Proof of address
- Evidence of date of birth
- Documentary evidence for all those Non-ECR classes
For Proof of Address
- Passbook of conducting bank account with the picture of this applicant
- Landline or postpaid mobile invoice
- Rental agreement
- Electricity bill
- Voter ID card issued by Election Commission of India
- Water bill
- Income Tax Assessment order
- Proof of Gas connection
- Aadhaar card
- Duplicate of the first and last page of parent’s passport, incase of minors
- Certification from employer of reputed companies on their letterhead
- Copy of their first and last page of the partner’s passport mentioning the applicant’s title as a partner of the passport holder.
For Proof of Birth:
- Aadhaar card/e-Aadhaar
- PAN card
- Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India
- Driving permit
- A statement supplied by the Head of the Orphanage or Child Care Home confirming the date of arrival of the applicant in its official letterhead.
- Occupational certification.
- Transfer certificate/school.
- The replica of an infusion of the service record of the applicant (just for government workers) or pension arrangement (retired government workers) Which is attested or certified by the officer of the concerned department/departments of the offender.
The copy of this Policy bond that is issued from the Public Life Insurance Corporation/Companies Having the date of birth of the holder of this insurance plan.
Documents Needed for Out of Turn passports
If the applicant 18 years and over could submit any two of those mentioned below documents:
- Ration card.
- Voter ID issued by the Election Commission of India.
- Self-passport that is unrevoked and undamaged.
- The birth certificate that’s issued under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act.
- PAN card.
- Scheduled Tribe/ Scheduled Caste/Other Backward Caste certificate.
- Driving license
- Credit card issued by the central or state government, public sector undertakings, local bodies or public limited companies.
- Identity card issued by an educational establishment.
- Arms license.
- Pension documents like Ex-servicemen’s retirement publication or Pension Payment order, ex-servicemen’s widow/dependent certification, and old age retirement order.
- Bank/Post office/Kisan passbook.
If the applicant Is below 18 years, he/she should submit any one of the documents that are mentioned below:
- Photo Identity card issued by School, College, or any educational institution.
- Ration card.
- Birth certificate issued under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act.
Notice: For both 18 & below 18 decades old, in addition to the above documents, a copy of the Aadhaar card/e-Aadhaar/28-digit Aadhaar enrolment ID published to the Aadhaar enrolment slide issued by UIDAI plus also a self-declaration prescribed in Annexure-E of the Passport principles, 1980 are demanded.
Applicant for Out-of-turn passports under Tatkal scheme
The Documents needed to be submitted will be just like the ones that are needed to Be submitted if the application is filed under the standard scheme. It needs to Be mentioned that no proof of urgency has to be filed by the applicant for issuance of out-of-turn passports under the Tatkaal scheme.
Apart from That, another thing that applicants need to know is that authority’s verification Will be carried out after the passport will be issued to the applicant under the normal and Tatkal strategy.
How to Book an Appointment for an Indian Passport
- Login to the online Passport Seva portal site with enrolled login ID and password.
- Click the ‘Apply for Fresh /reissue passport’ link.
- Fill out the required details and submit the application type
- Then click the ‘Pay and Program Appointment’ link which is located under the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ display to program the appointment.
- On doing so, the appointment slot will be allocated to the applicant.
Passport Issuing Government and Collection Centers
- MEA – The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) will be the government that manages this issuance of passports, reissue of the record or other assorted services the ministry will be accountable.
- CPV – The Consular, Passport and Visa Division of the Ministry of External Affair works for its issuance of passports.
- DPC, SPC, CSC – District Passport Cells, Speed Article Centers, and Citizen Service Centers can just process software for brand new passports and not re-issue, Tatkaal, or alternative instances.
- PSK – It’s the physical space where applicants must physically present themselves later getting an internet appointment. This is where required documents are submitted, photographs taken and software are reviewed before being handed down into the Passport Office for processing. There are 7 7 PSKs in India functioning under the PPP version under which technological and human tools are given by TCS.
- PSLK – Passport Seva Laghu Kendras are also extensions of POs providing similar services as PSKs, except these were set up to cover certain areas such as eastern and northeastern places. They help alleviate the duty of PSKs in those regions who handle software from a large jurisdiction. You’ll find 16 PSLKs in India however these don’t function underneath the PPP version. They are entirely set up, managed, and controlled by the federal government.
- PO/RPO – Passport Offices/Regional Passport Services issue / reject problem of impound passports. POs execute backend passport-related processes and services. They exercise jurisdiction over PSKs. They process applications and print and ship out approved passports. They deal with the MEA, country authorities, and state government. In addition, they handle legal, financial, and RTI activities.
- Through roughly 180 Indian Mission / Articles for issuance of passports outside India. These include Indian Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates.
New Passport Application Requirements In India
- All the recent Indian passports contain the personal details Concerning the holder to the second page of the Record.
- The new passports have the applicant’s image on the perfect side of the passport’s second webpage.
- Emigration test is obligatory for all folks who hold ECR passports.
- Dependent children and spouses
- Seamen in possession of CDC
- All individuals over the age of 50 years
- All nurses who have qualifications that are known under the Indian Nursing Council Act of 1947
- All kids over age 18 years
- All people who’ve remained in foreign countries for at least 3 years
- All folks who have diplomas in SCVT (State Council of Vocational Training) or NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training)
- Both Hindi and English languages have been printed on the Indian.
- In the event the applicant is separated or divorced, they would not be required to join the title of the partner at the passport application form.
- The name of either the applicant’s mother, father or legal guardian must be supplied in the passport application form.
- A number of these annexes in the Passport Rule, 1980, have now been merged and brought to nine from the present 15.
- The annexes have to be offered by the candidates on plain paper which is self-declared. Moving forward, no attestation or swearing by executive magistrates will be required.
- For a child not born out of wedlock, just Annexure G must be submitted while making the passport application.
- Applicants who are married need not submit Annexure% or union certificates.
- Entry of documented deed of adoption isn’t required except for domestically adopted kids. Orphaned kids can submit authorised letters from the orphanage.
- Sanyasis and Sadhus may make an application for Indian passports with their spiritual Guru’s name on the passport application