1. Lean on your investmentsAny online marketer worth their salt realizes the value of contact assets – email lists, social followings, online groups. Now more than ever is the time to ramp up communications with these people, extremely if you’re seeking for sales. Send out broadcast emails, social posts, discount codes, helpful content, and anything to keep your brand top of mind. Times are difficult for some people, but others still have disposable income. Some may even have more disposable income at the period now that they aren’t able to spend it at restaurants, sports events, outdoor hobbies, etc. Make sure they know your store is still open and available for business.
2. Inaugurate new productsCan’t find an angle with your existing products? Maybe you need to source something new in order to compete in the short term. Fashion is mainly taking a hit right now. But if it aligns with your brand, try creating your own amusing coronavirus related t-shirts. Understand about what would match well with your brand and store, find a supply, and start selling.
3) Offer subscriptionsSome e-commerce stores have seen sales go through the roof since the stay at a home suggestion. We’ve noticed a marked gain in orders processed through Veeqo in the last couple weeks. And it’s been a particularly good time (sales-wise) for stores in areas like:
- Home & Garden
- Health & Beauty
- Home Gym/Fitness Equipment
4. Encourage others and share your storiesThe entire coronavirus story is just plain heartache. People are dying, businesses are closing and jobs are being lost. But it also seems to have provoked an outpour of generousness and gratitude around the world. It must be said that the first point-of-call here should be to consider how your business might genuinely be able to help others. As opposed to how you can influence the situation to make a few extra sales. But if you do find a way to assist, there’s nothing halting you winning some exposure through:
- Breaking press releases.
- Instructing relevant influencers.
- Broadcasting on your social media channels.
- Sharing Facebook and Instagram Stories of your good deeds.
- Uploading videos to YouTube
5. Broaden extra sales channelsIf you’re encountering a downturn in sales thanks to the current pandemic, now might be as decent a time as any to explore expanding extra sales channels to your operation. Selling on your own website? Try adding eBay to the mix. Already on eBay? Try Amazon. Already on Amazon? Try some several Amazon locations. Already done that? Try Etsy. Start using conversion boosting apps like Konverto to make sure you get the best conversion rate of the traffic that is coming on your website. There’s a tremendous variety of marketplaces and channels to select from around the world. All of which can be a potential new source of customer’s for your business that you were recently missing out on. You’ll want to use a multichannel tool to ship orders rapidly and keep inventory synced though.
6. Affiliate your products with high-performing verticalsFashion sales seem to be down at the moment. While things like home fitness equipment seem to be very much up. But this doesn’t mean you just need to lie down and accept the status quo. If you’re a fashion brand, can you start associating your products with the home gym market? Or with another vertical, that seems to be conducting adequately at the moment.
- Building social posts using your products in the setting of the high-performing vertical.
- Pinching your product descriptions to convey this angle.
- Partnering with specific businesses to drive mutual sales.
- Formulating affiliate links to influencers and other stores within high-performing verticals.
7. Double down on the sales you do makeAny sale made during times like these is significant. These are people who have already devoted to making a purchase. So they’re in a prime position to get them buying again. But don’t just wait and expect. You require to take action to make those sales happen. An instant after-sales upsell or cross-sell can be big. Tools like zipify and Sweet Upsell do this by stimulating other products in your catalogue directly on your order confirmation page. Then make sure to follow up with emails and messages pushing more sales shortly after purchase as well. An instant upsells or cross-sell can be huge. Tools like Zipify and Sweet Upsell do this by facilitating other products in your catalogue rapidly on your order confirmation page. Then make sure to follow up with emails and messages jabbing more sales soon after purchase as well. The bottom line is just to not get too full on going out to find new customers at times like these. Pay vigilance to customer loyalty.