In today’s fast-moving, mobile first, and social first media landscape – here is an opportunity to help Amazon tell its fast-growing story in India. This is a high visibility role, embedded within the PR team, working closely across all Amazon businesses in the country and with senior leadership to reach a diverse audience of customers, policymakers, partners and employees in real time.
Amazon is seeking a high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative professional to help drive social media activities in support of our corporate communications goals. The right candidate will be a passionate and creative self-starter eager to engage on new projects and tell Amazon’s India story through smart, engaging content across social media platforms. They’ll be excited about working with people across a wide array of PR teams to create content about important Amazon announcements, events, and to amplify our corporate and consumer PR efforts growing our organic social media program across multiple social channels. The Social Media Manager will lead and launch social campaigns work across internal teams including brand, creative, synergy, awards, events and PR, as well as partner with external social strategy and creative agencies. They will collaborate closely with the paid social team to inform and implement holistic strategies. The position will report in to the Owned Channels Lead for Amazon India.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record delivering results on social campaigns, with the ability to develop strategy from scratch, sell big ideas internally and externally, multi-task and prioritize, manage a high-volume of campaigns by being nimble and creative, plus a drive for testing, learning and making insight- and data-driven decisions.
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy on various social media platforms, including, but not limited to, @AmazonNews_IN on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram while building Linkedin outreach, with excellent judgement, instincts and a sharp feel for the social media landscape.
- Source, create, and publish timely social media content to educate various audiences about key Amazon activities from a reputational perspective across audiences.
- Be responsive to breaking news/events which provide Amazon an opportunity to tell our story.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency including managing external agencies to deliver innovative, best-in-class campaigns for customers
- Facilitate scaling brand and company awareness through various social media channels, Optimize for engagement and followers across all social media platforms
- Measure the success of every social media campaign across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn with deep understanding of social media metrics and data analysis, balanced with driving new audience growth
- Use social media to drive awareness of and traffic to key stories on Amazon owned channels (Amazon India Day 1 Blog).
- Earn trust internally and externally with many different audiences and stakeholders.
- Think and act strategically – look around corners and build a long-term social media presence in support of reputational PR efforts.
- Be creative and develop engaging social media content that’s aligned with the company brand.
- Deal with ambiguity – have a bias for action, but an ability to work cohesively with other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of social media and/or community management experience
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in advertising operations or media planning including the use of planning and paid amplification tools like Sprinklr or native social channel ad management tool
- Proven track record of delivering high quality social media campaigns in very dynamic environments
- Executive social media skills
- Experience using data and analytics to influence content creation strategy
- Professional experience shooting and editing digital video for social