8 Best Home Remedies for Strong Teeth
Your smile is the first thing that people see in you. Naturally, it plays a huge role in boosting your self-confidence level.
The poor oral health leads to facial pain, gum disease, infections in the mouth and even more serious health issues. These may include heart disease, stroke, dementia, diabetes, kidney disease, infertility and cancer.
It is or this reason that the next time you think about skipping your dental appointment, think again. You don’t have to, however, be scared of your dental health.
Here are a few home remedies to help you make your teeth stronger.
- Saltwater Rinse – For most people, a saltwater rinse happens to be an effective treatment for an aching tooth. The saltwater happens to be a pure disinfectant and one can lose the debris and food particles that can be trapped in between the teeth with this. You can also heal the oral wounds and reduce the inflammation and. For this mix half teaspoon of salt into a warm water glass and swoosh it around the mouth.
- Cloves – The anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anaesthetic properties of clove can alleviate the tooth pain and the infection. You should grind 2 whole cloves. Then stir them in a little clove oil or vegetable oil and apply on the affected tooth. Or, you can also dip in clove oil a cotton ball and rub it on the area that is affected. Blend a few drops of clove oil in a half glass water and use it as a mouth rinse.
- Oil Pulling – The oil-pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic technique to keep the body healthy. Both the coconut and the sesame oil have anti-bacterial properties that maintain your teeth and gums in the best shape. You should also know that the oil-pulling naturally whitens the teeth. For best results, you should do this first thing in the morning. Do the following –
- Put just a teaspoon of coconut or sesame oil in the mouth
- Gently swish it around the mouth for 10-20 minutes
- Spit it out. Avoid swallowing or gargling this
- Then wash the mouth with warm water
- Brush the teeth as usual
- Repeat daily on an empty stomach in the morning
It may take 20 minutes for the mouth to build up. Firstly, you may have so much saliva in the mouth along with the oil that you can swish for a couple of minutes. Start where can build up to 10-20 minutes.
Oil pulling draws the toxins out of the body. It keeps the gums, teeth and mouth healthy and also improves the overall health.
- Onions – The onions are famous for their antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that are quite effective to treat a sore tooth. These can offer pain relief by killing the germs that cause infection. At the first indication of pain, you should chew the raw onions for a couple of minutes to relieve the tooth pain. If you are not able to chew the onions, place a piece of onion in the area that is affected.
- Apples, Carrots and Celery – These healthy veggies and fruits act like the natural removers of stain by enhancing the production of saliva which serves as the mouth’s agent of self-cleaning. They have crunch factor which works towards scrubing the teeth clean They can also kill bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Peppermint Tea Bags – The peppermint tea bags are great to numb pain and soothe the sensitive gums. You should allow an already utilized tea bag to reduce its temperature. Then apply it to the area that is affected. It must be slightly warm.
- Guava Leaves – Because of the analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, the fresh guava leaves can alleviate the toothache. Chew on a couple of guava leaves in water that is boiling. Permit the solution to cool. Then use it to rinse the mouth.
- Herbal Tea – Herbal, white, red and green teas are excellent after-dinner pallet cleansers. They also offer the added benefit of keeping the plaque from developing. The stronger herbal teas are known as infusions which are a great way for having loads of natural nutrition. Unlike the other commercial products, they are simple to make and readily absorbed.
Apart from the above, you should also go for regular visits with the most reputed dentist in Bushwick who will help you at every step so that you can maintain your million-dollar smile for the longest time.