Visiting a dental clinic can be a scary thought for some people, but when it comes to fixing your smile. The anxiety transforms into excitement. We all want to wear a pretty smile on our faces that will garner more attention. In this digital age, we live more on social media and try to flash a perfect smile to gain popularity. Before you consult with any dentist, it is important to check what the official policy is, the timing of appointments, what the nature of dental insurance that they use is, what things are covered as part of the insurance, and so on.
What about a cosmetic dentist?
A Cosmetic Dentist gifts you a new life by offering a ‘Smile makeover’. If your teeth are suffering from stained, discolored, worn, chipped, broken, misaligned, misshapen, or have gaps between them, they rectify the problem through cosmetic procedures and improves your smile. To get the desired smile, you can look out for an experienced Cosmetic dentist that can transform your teeth.
Key factors to be considered before choosing a Cosmetic Dentist:
- Qualification and Expertise: To start with, check on his/ her qualification and area of specialization. If you are unsure, ask them directly about their expertise. Some dentist prefers Invisalign procedure and some might prefer laser. This completely depends on his/her background and area of expertise.
- Experience and Association: Another important factor to be considered. You should be aware of his past experiences. How often he has dealt with a similar case as yours. Go through it; if you are convinced with the final results to proceed further. Always, check if they are associated with the Australian Dental Association or the Australasian Academy of Dental-Facial Aesthetics (AADFA). This definitely gives him/ her some credibility.
- Advanced Technology & Anesthesia: Make sure the dentist uses the latest technology for the dental procedure. For example, digital X-rays, intraoral cameras, chairside monitors, and a dental laser. If you’re apprehensive about the procedure, don’t feel shy to ask about anesthesia or sedatives to numb your senses. It is always better to inquire about it before the actual procedure.
- Recommendations are important: You can ask your friends, family, neighbors or acquaintances about the doctor. You can check on customer reviews, ratings or achievements prior to booking the doctor. Look for references, ask for their experiences and other services? How long the procedure stretches? Is it very painful? Only when you are fully satisfied with the answers take the appointment.
- Timings and Location: The first thing you need to inquire about is the location of the clinic and the office timings. You don’t want to be late on the first visit, right. If the clinic is far from your home, you need to make the necessary arrangements for the conveyance, with adequate time in hand. Make sure, you can tackle the schedule timing with your busy life. You should check if the reputed clinic is located near your home because it will be easier to visit the dentist during an emergency.
- Cost and Payment Modes: It all comes down to the cost of the dental procedure, how much the dentist charges? What is the cost of a particular procedure? Insurance companies do not cover these procedures, so ask for an installment payment option or a credit card payment option or third party payment option. Learn about the entire payment mode in advance. Depending on the type of treatment that you require, like bonding, crowning, root canals, and so on, the cost will differ.
So, we can conclude by saying that opting for a cosmetic dentist who meets the above criteria. A good Cosmetic dentist with a great treatment is an ideal combination to achieve a confident smile.