What is Google AMP – Google Accelerated Mobile Pages?
The AMP Project is an open-source initiative aiming to make the web better for all. The AMP Project enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms. Now i will be going to explain the topic on What is Google AMP – Google Accelerated Mobile Pages?.
Google AMP stands for Google Accelerated Mobile Pages. It is an open source initiative supported by technology companies like Google and Twitter. The goal of the project is to make web content load faster for mobile users. Accelerated mobile pages or AMP is a way to make your website load faster on mobile devices.
What is Google AMP – Google Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- AMP HTML is a subset of HTML
- AMP pages load faster and look better than standard HTML pages on mobile devices.
- AMP Pages are Higher Performance and more Engagement and it is loads instantly with smooth.
- Publishers and advertisers can decide how to present their content and what technology vendors to use, all while maintaining and improving key performance indicators.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages are web pages designed according to an open source specification.
- Validated AMP pages are cached in Google’s AMP cache, which allows them to be served even more quickly.
- The AMP format is supported by a wide variety of platforms, including Google Search.
- If a web page listed in Google’s search results has a valid AMP version, Search may direct mobile users to the cached AMP.
- For making a site Google-friendly also apply to AMP
- It does not require the development of new rendering engines: existing user agents can render AMP HTML just like all other HTML.
- AMP HTML documents can be uploaded to a web server and served just like any other HTML document
- No special configuration for the server is necessary.
- Designed to serve through specialized AMP serving systems that proxy AMP documents.
Pros of Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- SEO experts claim that Accelerated Mobile Pages will help you rank higher in Google
- It improves the user experience for mobile users on slow internet connections.
- Google is pushing AMP pages by giving them a boost in mobile search.
Cons of Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- You cannot add certain widgets and features to your mobile AMP website
- Limits your ability to add smart email optin forms, facebook like boxes, and other dynamic scripts.
- While Google AMP supports Google Analytics, it does not support many other analytics platforms.
Same goes for advertising options which are limited to select few advertising platforms.